thmatheney's profile picture

thmatheney's profile

thmatheney's Reviews

thmatheney's Comments

thmatheney hasn't written any comments yet.

thmatheney's Messages

shepherd65 says: (6 years ago)
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that's fallen for the HSUS's line of pretending to help. All they want is your money. They could care less if you have a real issue as long as you keep their pockets lined. I received a message similar to the one posted below by BettinaC from somebody from the Humane Society of the United States asking for help. Boy was it a mistake to give them my information. I've never been harassed more by any organization. Calling all hours of the day, emails multiple times a week sometimes more than one a day asking for money. Their website and commercials are full of sad animal faces they make you think they are helping. What can be lower than making people think their hard earned money is going to save a helpless animal when it really just lines their pockets and bank accounts. Do your research before you give your money away. I found out real quick that just because my local rescue/shelter has the name humane society in it does not mean they are affiliated with the Humane Society of the United States. It's just a convenient confusion they profit from. No local shelters receive assistance from the HSUS.

puppyparent says: (6 years ago)
I got caught up in the same scam with the Humane Society of the United States. They troll the internet for people with sad animal stories, reach out like they want to help, only to turn around and harass them for donations. I've heard of this happening to a lot of people. I did some research and found the HSUS is not what they make themselves out to be. They are being investigated by Congress and the IRS regarding their lobbying efforts and use of the donations they receive. They are even being sued under the RICO Act. Just do a Google search for hsus fraud and you will see what I mean.

animallover038 says: (6 years ago)
I contacted the Humane Society of the United States regarding a similar situation and gave them my information. To my astonishment I started receiving solicitations to donate money to them. They were relentless in their pursuits, calling my home, my cell, and emailing me trying to get money out of me. Not once did they actually contact me about the issue I brought to their attention. I was very disappointed and felt taken advantage of and scammed. They prey on people's broken hearts only to leave them hanging. They make you feel like they are there to help, but it's just a ploy to fill their bank accounts.

bettinac says: (6 years ago)
Dear thmatheney,

I work for the Humane Society of the United States and we are gathering information about Purebred Breeeders in light of all of the complaints about this business. We are collecting this data as part of our campaign to end the sales of dogs from substandard breeders and puppy mills.

If you have any information you would be willing to share as a buyer with experience using this business as a forum to purchase puppies, please contact me at bcamcigil@hsus.org

We would love to hear from you! Any information you could share would be much appreciated.

Bettina

kimkeywest says: (6 years ago)
Can you tell me when you had your experience with Purebred Breeders? I found a puppy I really want but am scared by your comments. Please advise.
Kim
kimromano24@gmail.com

Thank you!

Send a message to thmatheney