suteishichic's profile picture

suteishichic's profile

suteishichic's Reviews

suteishichic's Comments

suteishichic says: (10 years ago)
No actually, you're waaay off base and obviously a streamload/mediamax/thelinkup plant.

I would hope you could do better than attacking and insulting a 7+ years long loyal customer who is extremely unhappy.

Like, oh I don't know instead of being hostile and demeaning maybe you could have performed actual good customer service and checked into the problem?

This clearly shows your company attitude which along with the death of streamload aka mediamax is incredibly acerbic and appallingly sad.

Do you really think this is a way to run a good business? Do you really think people won't read this and see what kind of company you are based on your employee responses? Do you really think it is a good idea to attack people on the internet and not expect people to say, geeze, why would I sent my money to a company who treats their customers who have been loyal for over 7 YEARS like THAT?

Do you really think anyone else besides someone working for this failing company would respond so harshly?

Clearly, the problem is YOU couldn't afford the cost of hosting everything unlimited as you promised. Instead of talking to loyal customers and coming up with a workable plan where everyone was happy, someone had the bright decision to pull the plug and screw as much money as possible out of the few remaining loyal customers until this ship sank.

I certainly DO get that this was supposed to be reliable back up storage but I like EVERY other paid streamload user was promised UNLIMITED upload space and secure files. "MediaMax is a safe and secure place for your files. MediaMax gives you secure access to your files and protection against loss or damage on world-class systems." (2006)

After all, this was the original point of streamload. You paid for your download amount and had unlimited upload amounts. This way with shared files, no one person had 200 TB on any one server. It was spread out. This was not an all you can eat buffet so much as a pot-luck. Everyone brought something to the table and shared.

It was amazing. The golden age. Entire communities sprang up based upon streamload.

The only thing that was metered when we signed up years ago and at different price ranges was based only on how much was downloaded. It was a very sweet, extremely reliable deal and not too good to be true.

It WAS a great service back when it was streamload. But ever since the switch to mediamax service has been non-existent and files were held hostage for years, meaning nothing could be DOWNLOADED or shared with other users because the servers were constantly down.

No one is quite sure why things changed and it became mediamax, but we remembered streamload's golden age and listened to your lies about things being better than ever if we could just hang in there. There were even entire days when people were again able to email me files they had uploaded. There were fewer, but still some days when I could actually download any of my 50 gigs of monthly space before more errors happened.

And my files FYI are EVERYONE'S files. The reason I had that many files is because people SHARED. This was not 200 TB of things only I uled. Do you have any clue how long it would have taken one person to upload that many files? (LOL) This was games and music and movies that hundreds of people uled and shared. Streamload was a community.

This after all was the entire point of streamload. To share. Back in the good old days. Before the bait and switch. Use the wayback machine to see their promises as both streamload.com and mediamax.com. "Streamload is an online file storage service. We offer unlimited storage for all of your music, movies, videos, pictures, and documents! Have 100s of gigabytes of MP3, AVI, MPEG and JPG files? Bring it on! There are no storage limits on Streamload." That's from June 3rd 2002.

You'll see their unlimited upload space on streamload no matter what date you check. My account was guaranteed at, "Store an unlimited number of files and send/access about 10 hours of high-def video, 5,000 MP3s or 25,000 photos." (2004) but even their lowest plan at $4.95 a month was guaranteed at, "Store an unlimited number of files and send/access about 30 minutes of high-def video, 200 MP3s or 1,000 photos."

You'll also see their grandfathering guarantees that they will never raise their prices and you will always have unlimited upload space when they switched to mediamax.

When they changed to mediamax in 2006, their rates and upload plans had changed BUT everyone from Streamload was grandfathered in. We still had no upload limits because we were the original primary file holders. We were the ones using, sharing, and downloading files the most. People signed up to download the files we had.

We were needed.

Mediamax's upload limits did not apply to files other people sent you (after all if you're paying to download a certain amount, shared user to user files are going to be your lifeblood and since the files are already on another person's server or spread on several servers, they cost nothing to be accessed by another account.) "1000 GB of secure online storage space Download or share 100 GB/month $29.95/month (paid annually) or $39.95/month (paid monthly)" (Mediamax 2006)

They also at one time guaranteed your security. "Once you upload files to Streamload MediaMax, you can rest assured that they're super-safe. Streamload MediaMax is always secure, backed up, and private." That's from 2005. Now without any ability to pick and choose, your files, even your private ones will be shared and accessable to ANYONE. Not good.

The thing is, those 200 TB of everyone's files, secured, private, or whatever are now lost. With this company sinking rapidly instead of working to get everything righted, they've become Chip Diller (animal house) standing on the side of the sinking ship screeching, "Remain calm. All is well!" And then adding....."ALL those people complaining are just whining dumbasses! Pay no attention to them!"

Please do pay attention to us. The "happy" people are clearly plants who work for the company.

Unlimited upload space was guaranteed to all paid users when they switched to mediamax and we were told our rates and amounts were GRANDFATHERED IN. These aren't my words, these were sl/mm's promises of service to their long-term and loyal customers. So I like many other people stuck with the bad times waiting for it to get better. Dumbass? Maybe, but sheesh, they'd done it before, why couldn't they do it again? Don't most businesses want to make their customers happy? Don't most businesses want to succeed?

Then in a brilliant move, instead of fixing mediamax which never worked or reverting to streamload which really did, they LOST everything during this latest transfer to linkedwhatever. Everyone has not been able to download a THING since December of 2007 and now all the files are shown as pending. Well I'm going to bet by now means they're gone.

Mine and everyone else's.

How is that reliable backup?

How is any of this good customer service?

How is that worth paying $30.00 for a month (more than I was paying grandfathered in at $19.99)?

Isn't it funny how people bitch and moan when they do not receive what they were promised and paid for?

It's fine to change a policy and have it affect new customers but it is illegal to change your policies and prices after you've stated that you are grandfathering people in. Like many other users, I would have been happy had the company been honest and given me access to either download what I wanted to save even if I had to pay more to do it, OR given us options instead of being automatically billed $30 for storage of files no one can access.

So I'm going to advise anyone THINKING of signing up with streamload or mediamax or thelinkup or whatever they're calling themselves this year to AVOID AT ALL COSTS. YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF, YOUR FILES ARE NOT SAFE, SECURE, OR ACCESSIBLE, YOU WILL BE OVERCHARGED WITH NO WARNINGS, AND bottom line, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY OR YOU WILL BE UNHAPPY.

Please tell your family and your friends to AVOID THIS COMPANY!

I can guarantee if you use thelinkedup you will be unhappy--after all you see how this company's customer service attacks when they're responding to a complaint instead of doing anything positive.

This waddling dumbass and all her streamload friends will be happy to join any class action lawsuit out there. She also advises EVERYONE charged by thelinkup who also does not have access to their files in their accounts to contact their banks or credit card companies first thing. You should never pay for fraud. Services promised but not received is FRAUD by any name this company wishes to call itself.
(WHAT A NIGHTMARE!)

suteishichic says: (10 years ago)

We were needed.

Please do pay attention to us.

Mine and everyone else's.

How is that reliable backup?

How is any of this good customer service?

Please tell your family and your friends to AVOID THIS COMPANY!

This waddling dumbass and all her streamload user friends will be happy to join any class action lawsuit out there. She also advises EVERYONE charged by thelinkup who also does not have access to their files in their accounts to contact their banks or credit card companies first thing. You should never pay for fraud. Services promised but not received is FRAUD by any name this company wishes to call itself.
(WHAT A NIGHTMARE!)

suteishichic's Messages

suteishichic hasn't received any messages yet.
Send a message to suteishichic