sparrow's profile picture

sparrow's profile

sparrow's Reviews

sparrow's Comments

sparrow says: (4 years ago)
and may I add that the store I worked at does not even provide proper equipment to be able to clean? The receiving clerk keeps every supply under lock and key and you have to go and ask for even paper towels and garbage bags! The bathroom 'cleaner' you get doesn't clean anything, tried to use it to clean the scum in the bathroom sinks and it did nothing but smear it around. There was one miserable pair of used Playtex gloves in the cleaning closet. I put them on one time, they were full of old nasty water from previous use and the skin under my fingernails started itching and burning, I was afraid of a bacterial or fungal infection and got home and soaked my hands in antiseptic and mouthwash (having read that mouthwash made a great skin disinfectant) the store also makes courtesy clerks run out every 5 minutes (or less) to 'fix' the can and bottle return. The courtesy clerks are also responsible for removing the filled bins of crushed cans and glass. The 'equipment' supplied for this task is a broken pallet lift. The prongs will not move downward to go to the ground. So to use this pallet jack in a very small operating space to get to the bins, you are expected to somehow be able to manipulate this broken jack in to position, pretty much forcing you to be able to lift the front part up in the air to be able to get the prongs down to the level they have to be to slide under the bins. I will not say how this is often 'accomplished', but safe? absolutely NOT! and they want to preach 'safety, safety, safety'? but not give you needed supplies and or working equipment? honestly? I had to think sometimes when I was called out from being up to my elbows in the bathrooms, cleaning up the filth left behind by others, and got called out to bag some one's groceries, what those people would think if they knew I was handling their groceries right after being in the bathroom a few seconds before, cleaning the filth in them, and those bathrooms are filthy! Take a look sometime behind the toilets, the walls, the sinks, and especially the floors, where there is filth packed in the grouting of the tiles.
(Safeway Corporation does NOT employee maintenance/custodial staff!)

sparrow says: (4 years ago)
that's too funny,, much as I dislike Safeway right now,, think maybe it's more the cook than the product in this case? Sorry, but thanks for the laugh.
(cooking directions wrong)

sparrow's Messages

sparrow hasn't received any messages yet.
Send a message to sparrow