slawa082's profile picture

slawa082's profile

slawa082's Reviews

slawa082 hasn't written any reviews yet or they are waiting for approval.

slawa082's Comments

slawa082 says: (7 years ago)
Camera Kings = Kings of LYING and CHEATING! The worst online purchasing experience EVER!
Avoid CameraKings by all means, they're LIARs and CHEATERs!
There is a good reason why BBB (Better Business Bureau) Rating is F (the worst) due to numerous issues including legal actions. Before deciding to buy read other reviews (especially negative ones, I suspect most of the positive are written by CameraKings associates).
I was stupid and naive enough not to check reviews before ordering Canon EOS-50D from these guys just before the Labor Day. Summary of my experience:
• They made me buy more staff than I originally ordered
• I’ve ended up paying ~$150 more than I would do with trusted source for the same thing
• The camera came in “OPEN BOX” condition”
• They didn’t send me an itemized receipt even after I insisted on it.
• The receipt was just list of thing that I’ve ordered with no price indicated.
• “Expedited delivery” was ~7 business days (I’ve placed the order Sep-2 and received it Sep-14)
• The sales guy promised “6-year” warranty, I got only “5-year” (which is the same thing, just proof that they’re LIARs)
• “FREE” staff is junk: tri-pod, camera bag are useless.
I was attracted by the lowest price I could find. So here is the saga:
I’ve placed the order for the camera and kit lens, however the next day I’m receiving an E-mail saying I should call the customer service to “confirm the order”. I call customer service, the sales guy makes me buy additional warranty, extra battery and memory card. The camera and the lens was ~$1000, the 5 year warranty was promised to be $100 and the guy said they have the lowest price guarantee for the battery and 4Gb memory card. He calculates total and it’s “JUST” 1345.99 according to his math (which I didn’t check), then he says I could buy a package for just $4 extra (so it’s 1349.99). I didn’t do the math and confirmed the order. If I did research online I could buy a similar kit for ~$1150. It was shipped only ~1.5days later, no itemized receipt was sent. The camera came in an “OPEN BOX” condition, I suspect some things are not working properly.
So it’s my worst online shopping experience and I learnt some lessons, the most important is: “STAY AWAY FROM CAMERAKINGS!!!”.
(Camera Kings)

slawa082's Messages

slawa082 hasn't received any messages yet.
Send a message to slawa082