pompano1000's profile picture

pompano1000's profile

pompano1000's Reviews

pompano1000's Comments

pompano1000 says: (8 years ago)
Reply from Samsung: Samsung obviously knows Sears will replace the washer/dryer, but what avout the water damage?

Dear Mr. Mahoney

We ordered a Samsung washer / dryer combo this weekend. The washer model is WF448AAP.
Sorry to read about your experience with the Samsung washer you purchased as explained in the “measuredup.com” article.

Did you purchase the WF448AAP front-end loader machine? This machine is highly rated by Consumer Reports. Has Sears provided good service in response to your situation? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated given the large investment required to purchase these machines.

Regards,
Marvin Parks
Walla Walla, Washington
(Samsung VRT Washer)

pompano1000 says: (8 years ago)
Robert Christopher Mahoney
opalsforever@gmail.com

August 2, 2009

Via E-mail: Marvin Parks

Dear Mr. Parks:

My wife, April L. Gardner, and I purchased the Samsung Steam VRT Washer (MODEL NO. WF448AAP/XAA; SERIAL NO. WO3954AS504877K) and Steam Dryer MODEL NO. DV448AEP/XAA; SERIAL NO. WO3L54BS602480D) with Pedestals, on 07/26/09 from Sears, Pompano Beach, Florida.

Sears delivered and installed these units on Monday, July 27. The same day I noticed 2 minor dents on the front of the dryer. I called Sears Delivery and asked them to replace the dryer. Sears offered me a $75.00 gift certificate and offered to extend the warranty for an extra year. I declined their offer and opted for replacement.

We noticed water on our floor everywhere after operating the washer. I learned the water leaks from several areas along the bottom front side of the washer. The water leaked into the pedestal storage drawer as well as the floor causing water damage to two (2) wooden dining room table leafs, which are extensions for our dining room table, which were stored on the floor between storage cabinets. The table leafs swelled-up from absorbing water. To repair and refinish said leafs will cost $700.00.

I contacted Samsung and requested help to repair the washer. When I called the washer repair company assigned to repair the problem, I was informed it would take about a week before they could service the washer. I telephoned Sears Delivery and demanded replacement. Delivery is scheduled for Monday, August 3. . It bears noting, the service repair company never bothered calling me to set-up a time and date to make the service arrangements.

I just arrived in San Francisco and will be here on business all week. When I return home, next week I am inclined to demand Sears cancel the sales transaction, have then pick-up the replacement Samsung washer and dryer scheduled for delivery tomorrow, and replace both items with another brand product.

At this point, I am extremely dissatisfied. My wife and I have encountered very disappointing experiences with both Samsung’s product (washer) and your Customer Service regarding unavailable repair service.

We are also very upset regarding the damage to our dining room table leafs. Our homeowner's insurance has a $1,000 deductible and I am about to be out-of-pocket for $700.00.

Although I appreciate your concern, you must understand our position. We spend about $3,000.00 and deserve serious consideration to remedy this matter.

Sincerely,

Robert C. Mahoney
April L. Gardner
5084 Coronado Ridge
Boca Raton, FL 33486
954.290.9496
(Samsung VRT Washer)

pompano1000's Messages

TakeACloserLook says: (8 years ago)
SONY AND SAMSUNG CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES, AS WELL AS ALL THE THOSE ASSOCIATED WITH MEASURED-UP... AN ORGANIZATION SET-UP TO MAKE A PROFIT ON THE MISFORTUNE OF OTHERS.

Send a message to pompano1000