lastrp's profile picture

lastrp's profile

lastrp's Reviews

lastrp's Comments

lastrp says: (5 years ago)
Oh God, I wish I read this page before booking. I am still waiting for my £500 deposit to be returned 6 weeks after returning the van. I have written and telephoned and had the same response as those listed above. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. How do we get our money back? What steps do I have to take to ensure I am refunded the deposit?
(A1 National Van Hire)

lastrp's Messages

gilly9957 says: (5 years ago)
Hi
I had the same problem. Luckily I paid on my Barclaycard. They took £250 deposit in April, when it was not refunded on my May statement I rang them. They were very nice and said it was an error on the system and they had rectified it while I was on the phone. When I got my June statement, guess what, no refund. I rang them again, got told the error story again and told it was rectified as we were speaking. The date was the 22nd June. I rang Barclaycard straight after, explained what was going on & they issued a dispute against them. It's just as well I did, on the 22nd June the did not refund the £250 they took it again, which is fraud. Barclay card then took over, got on to them and hay ho they refunded what was now £500 that day. If I had not involved Barclaycard I would now be £500 down. Even though this is now resoved for me I still rang Thames Valle Police, they gave me a crime reference number and have escalated the matter to their Serious Fraud Unit as they are building quite a case against them. If you paid by credit card get on to your provider and do what I did, also inform the Police. These cheats cannot be allowed to get away with this. Hope this helps.

Send a message to lastrp