genna's profile picture

genna's profile

genna's Reviews

genna's Comments

genna says: (6 years ago)
I feel the same, but I haven't heard a reality show disaster like this since Celebrity Apprentice reality star Am-er-rosa. I didn't watch Celebrity Apprentice but news shows reported on it.

I think that was a part of the way NBC packaged that season. I don't think NBC expected the viewer feedback.
(More than dissapointed)

genna says: (6 years ago)
Mark didn't lose any weight. He has built alliances to further that goal. He booted other people out that lost more weight and had a greater percentage than he did at any given time.

That said, Megan has thrown weigh-ins and voted out people who had more to learn on campus. She did not have a better reason to stay than those she voted out.

Why should he be more understanding or compassionate than the mean girl? He is as broken as a youth pastor as his congregation. The point in ministry is not be perfect or whole. It is to move toward being your best self.

How does a minister in a competition throw their shot at the prize?

At least he didn't bear false witness against this contestant.
(the broken minister)

genna says: (6 years ago)
I agree on Buddy being inspiring. I gave the show a 6 week break because this season bugged me so much. I used nbc's board to complain, but I can no longer log in to give my opinion there. Maybe its my laptop... The viewer complaints on nbc boards about the Obamas as a political couple are about as depressing as this season has been.

I recommend the Australian version. The trainers are still professional and the workouts are inspiring still.

I don't think I would celebrate this season's winner even if it is Buddy. I think they listened to the reviews and have tried to make Conda likeable. Maybe it is the camera's fault for showing us, the viewing public what she is like, but I don't think you can rehabilitate the players afforded an opportunity throwing weigh ins or choosing not to work out.

I do experience schadenfreude when I watch the players who threw the weigh in leave the competition. I don't want to watch a program so I can watch obese contestants fail. I fail every day I don't lose weight. I want to see them suceed.

The whole season is a wash.
(Nbc broken Biggest Loser)

genna says: (6 years ago)
I have a problem with the way the show brings back contestants and throws them to the sharks especially if they do not have the tools to thrive on the show. They say this season is about no excuses, well live by it BL.

Without addressing the nonwhite reality show toss that happens, when did BL become the flavor of love variety of reality show? I can imagine in past seasons there were all kinds of interpersonal riffs. You didn't air them then. Why now? Is weight loss the second goal of the show next to drama? If so, why emphasize the scale at all? If it is about the person you want to have a beer with or the one you want to hang out with, then why bother with a yellow (or in a bygone era a red line) line?

Each contestant who has been tossed out toward the beginning of the show, when you have them back the contestants form a block to get rid of them. It might be based on the bond formed with one another trying to lose weight with each other; a comfort factor; and/or the feeling that the newcomer is somehow trying to take their place.

That said, when it comes to the nonwhite contestants it looks like the problem nonwhite people have in the workplace. They are the last to be hired and they can never break through with the majority click. Job performance doesn't matter. Team work/team building doesn't matter. The new person always is the 'wrong sort' with the wrong 'attitude'. It is less than entertaining to support, much less watch a show where this behavior is normative and understood.

As a viewer, I am not interested in watching on television the reasons why I eat and can't get ahead in life. If that is entertainment for some, fine. I am not that viewer. If that is the ongoing push in the show, bringing Delvet into the show doesn't reduce the whitewash.

The show is not all about inequity, it is also about bullying people to conform to the group's expectations. Last season, the unlikeable guy won the whole show. The season with the contestant Tara continued to press forward so she was never below the yellow or red line. They are the exceptions. What are you really teaching fat teens? Even among fat people, if you don't get in the middle of the winning click, then you are doomed to always be a loser.

Great message (*sarcasm*).

Another season where the remaining players all take a hit, but no one specifically is to blame for it. I am tired. Can you please get back to weight loss?

genna says: (6 years ago)
You must be excited about Jillian not being on the show any longer.

She was able to get the best results. I doubt very seriously that it had to do with cursing. I think she was competitive enough to figure out how to get the best out of each player. She taught them that they had to accept her, themselves and everyone else warts and all.

It is an emotional experience.
(Jilian)

genna says: (6 years ago)
I agree with everything except showing Kim and Conda their place. They should figure that out on their own. It is not for anyone else on the team to get tied up with that.

It is irritating that BL seems to can their African American and other non-white contestants so fast. Each season it is something or other. The way they voted the islanders off a few seasons ago and the man lost the most weight in the finale...it was just disheartening.

The final point is why oh why did Adrian call out the Youth Pastor for his behavior in that manner? It was calling out the spirit of the issue but it was a direct smack to the face. His sister, Daphne, is much more buttoned down than he is; but she is going to want a few scalps when she finds out how that vote went.

genna's Messages

genna hasn't received any messages yet.
Send a message to genna