annoyedinsf's profile picture

annoyedinsf's profile

annoyedinsf's Reviews

annoyedinsf hasn't written any reviews yet or they are waiting for approval.

annoyedinsf's Comments

annoyedinsf says: (7 years ago)
Got 1 of $100 and 1 of $50 gift card through my CityReward program in 2007. I used the $100 to buy some sheets and wrote down balance of $23 on the card and then forgot about them until today. Tried to verify the balance with their balance inquiry hotline and was transferred to the first customer rep, who was pleasant but could not find my cards in her system, so she handed me over to another rep, who informed me that if it's been a while since the gift card is used, they may be purged out of the system, or the 3rd party mishandled the processing. Okay...she asked to hold for a new rep, who'd 'be happy to see if I have better luck at finding the cards.' Well, he told my cards have $0 balance, did he in fact find the cards in his system showing a balance of 0 dollars? Um...no, he actually couldn't find them just as the 2 previous reps, but he figured he'd be unable to get rid of me if he told me that.

What about the possibility of the cards purged out of system due to long period of inactivity? Oh no no no, the other rep was mistaken, it was purged only because it was used up. Okay, so you couldn't access your archive system and get back to me? That'd be true customer service, and it's too much to ask of LL Bean.

Whatever balance on the cards I'm considering donation to charity, since LL Bean needs it so much more than I, but I'm certainly not doing any more business with this sad outfit!

annoyedinsf's Messages

annoyedinsf hasn't received any messages yet.
Send a message to annoyedinsf