TimG's profile picture

TimG's profile

TimG's Reviews

TimG's Comments

TimG says: (7 years ago)
wrx911 - I did read the contract, quite thoroughly as a matter of fact, and was aware that they (TWG) reserved the right to use aftermarket/remanufactured parts. The first two transmissions they sent (reman'd) were defective and failed days after they were put in. I thought they would finally see the light and authorize GM parts, considering the money they were pouring down th drain on parts and shipping/returns.On the third time around, they finally got it right, but only after wasting what I suspect were several thousand dollars of their own money. I'm also happy to report that after a vigorous
phone and e-mail campaign, and a complaint filed with the Illinois Division of Consumer Affairs, they reimbursed me for
every cent of the rental and towing charges. The squeaky wheel does ideed get the grease, especially since big, faceless companies like TWG typically rely on that fact that most consumers are too lazy and impatient to keep up the good fight and force these guys to do the right thing.

I'm glad you've had good experiences with them. Based on the reviews I've read on sites similar to this one (and conversations with other WG customers), you seem to be the rare exception.

Thanks for the input, though.
(The Warranty Group won't pay what they should)

TimG's Messages

TimG hasn't received any messages yet.
Send a message to TimG