SamandFred's profile picture

SamandFred's profile

SamandFred's Reviews

SamandFred's Comments

SamandFred says: (7 years ago)
Our service dog from 4Paws for Ability came from a shelter in Kentucky. He's a lab and when I went back to help another family the woman who brought Fred to 4Paws from the shelter was there . She told me Fred's story and was thrilled to see him working so well.

They do breed puppies also. I believe a line of their Golden's is particularly good at seizure alert,but a good number of the dogs are rescues. They also try to accommidate families who have children with allergies which requires certain breeds.

Not all of the dogs make it as service animals. The requirements are stringent. But the ones that are up for adoption have had excellent vet care ,are well trained and any conditions ,like hip dysplasia are well documented.
for every sour grapes complaint ,you will find hundreds of families that are forever grateful to Karen Shirk and 4 Paws for Ability.
I've been 3 times now,for our dog and two more times to help other families.
They are amazing. I have to scratch my head over these statements. I first contacted 4 Paws over 4 years ago and it's been a wonderful ride ever since.
BTW the families are encouraged to keep in touch through a Facebook group and waiting families are part of that.If this was a scam wouldn't everything be hush hush? I've made some of my very best friends through 4 Paws.
(Ridiculous website business)

SamandFred says: (7 years ago)
Our son received a service dog from 4Paws over 3 years ago. I have made many good friends on the network of families who keep in touch.As a matter of fact I believe in 4 Paws for Ability so much I have attended 2 more 11 day training sessions with 2 different families to help with their child .A friend came to help me during our training and I want to pay it forward.

Just my opinion ,but I suspect some people expect the dogs to be Lassie or Rin Tin Tin and don't want to do their part in the training sessions. There's a reason you are required to attend all the classes and pass a proficiency test.
It's like driving a good car .You can order a car with all the bells and whistles,but if you are a lousy driver or don't bother to learn how to use the wonderful extras,the car can't work for you.

When reading bad reviews consider this; most families ask others in their community to donate towards a service dog for their child. If they can't pass the training and end up with no dog,they might be tempted to come up with something to explain why they didn't get a dog.
We all know people who never accept responsibility for their own actions.It's always somebody elses' fault : ( Again,JMO.m
(SCAM)

SamandFred's Messages

SamandFred hasn't received any messages yet.
Send a message to SamandFred