RegularGuy's profile picture

RegularGuy's profile

RegularGuy's Reviews

RegularGuy's Comments

RegularGuy says: (6 years ago)
Then you clearly do not understand warranties. The product had a THREE YEAR warranty from the manufacturer, but it required the purchaser to return it to the store it was purchased from.

The reason I had to return it to MicroCenter was that the item was NEVER INTENDED for retail sale in the U.S. It was a GREY-MARKET import which MicroCenter must have known.

Got it so far?

MicroCenter refused to accept it as a warranty return, even though it was inside the THREE YEAR warranty period.

I BOUGHT a new item from a national retailer which had a manufacturers warranty. I could have gotten one from some online auction 'as-is' but I bought from MicroCenter instead.
(Avoid OEM sales)

RegularGuy says: (6 years ago)
That's happened to me with smaller-ticket items at MicroCenter. You'll see an online price, then when I get to the store no one can find that item, only higher-priced alternatives.

I tried to get around that by buying online for store pickup, but as 'eric0108' points out, if they "can't find" the item, or the order, they just cancel it and you've wasted a trip.

I might be able to understand how a 'straggler' with one or two left in inventory could be misplaced, but the last time I went there the store's inventory said it had over 30 of the item in stock - but MIA. I insisted, and after 45 minutes and three 'associates' looking, someone finally found the items.
(false web advertising)

Got it so far?

(Avoid OEM sales)

RegularGuy's Messages

RegularGuy hasn't received any messages yet.
Send a message to RegularGuy