Pinnacle's profile picture

Pinnacle's profile

Pinnacle's Reviews

Pinnacle hasn't written any reviews yet or they are waiting for approval.

Pinnacle's Comments

Pinnacle says: (1 year ago)
BAIT and SWITCH!!!!!

• Today at 8:47 PM
To
• HomeAway Customer Support

• Message body
So you will continue to allow your client to bait and switch without ramification. Please take me off our email list and any other points of contact.

I refuse to do business with you or anyone that does do business with you.

________________________________________
From: HomeAway Customer Support
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2017 4:29 PM
Subject: HomeAway Property Case 03871702 [ ref:_00D1aZzRr._5001aGhJha:ref ]

Thank you for contacting HomeAway Customer Support.
My name is Ashley and I sincerely apologize for the delay in my response. We are experiencing an unusually high volume of activity on the site and are working hard to help our customers as soon as we can. Rest assured that we will provide the assistance you need.
I am sorry you have had this unfortunate experience on our site. The quotes and prices of properties listed on our sites are controlled and at the discretion of the property managers and owners respectively. Although we strive to create a marketplace where the owners respond quickly to all their potential renters and information is kept up to date, it is not always the case. Until an actual agreement has been formed and accepted, quotes are only estimates of the costs of the property and subject to changes if the owner/manager needs to make adjustments. We want all owners and property managers to use simple and accurate booking practices.
We will contact the owner regarding the details of your concern. We encourage all owners to be responsible and follow appropriate booking procedures.
Per our Terms of Use, we are an online marketplace bringing owners and travelers together. We are not involved in the rental transaction or management of a property; therefore, we are not able to mediate disputes between owners and travelers.
If you have any questions about the terms of renting through our site, you can view the travelers' terms at: http://www.homeaway.com/info/about-us/legal/terms-conditions
Thank you again for bringing your experience to our attention. We hope you continue to use our site to find rentals. Thank you for using HomeAway, the world leader in vacation rentals, with over 1 million listings across our family of brands.

Best regards,

Ashley
HomeAway.com Customer Support

This is the first time using VRBO. Can I expect this type of chiseling from all your offerings?

I thought this was the first time using VRBO but my wife reminded me we just used it for a condo in Sun Valley last month. The fees seemed a little much on that one for a 2 night rental, but it was still a decent value. This is different!
This offering was high profiled under the heading of being the best bargain on Portland at 86.00/nt.. I replied on an email asking if there was a weekly rate and if there were any cats as I have a bad cat allergy (I believe you can access that). I never got an answer to that but did receive an email encouraging me to reserve now and showing a new rate of 106.00 the below email which I thought came from your company.
So I’ll let you look at the email exchanges below;

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: VRBO.com
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2017 8:20 PM
Subject: Your VRBO.com inquiry for #627502
Your Inquiry Confirmation

If you are interested, don't wait!
Book this property before someone else does!

Your dates are available

Book Now

If you are interested, don't wait!
Book this property before someone else does!

Your dates are available

Book Now

To: Rose
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: Are you still interested in booking VRBO property 627502 for May 2, 2017 to May 9, 2017?

The price went up 20 bucks since yesterday!
What's the deal on that?
I had sent a message asking if there is a risk with my bad cat allergy and asking about a weekly rate? So far no answer but they don't need to if the rate is 106/night?
This is the first time using VRBO. Can I expect this type of chisling from all your offerings?

Not happy with your service,

Rose has replied to your message

Property #627502

Reservation ID
Dates May 2-
9, 2017, 7 nights
Guests 2 adults, 0 children
Owner name Rose
________________________________________
Dear JP

Sorry you feel that way. You will be better off looking elsewhere. Thank you for your inquiry on my vacation rental but it's clearly not a good fit.

Unfortunately, my property is unavailable.

Thanks again for your inquiry.

My wife and I have satisfactorily used Airbnb for locations from West Virginia to California and have never experienced this unresponsiveness and possible Bait and Switch from them!
If I was VRBO I’d want to know about this type of attitude from the people that you represent. I would be exceptionally worried if I were considering renting this property particularly about the insistence of the owner needing a damage deposit and any subsequent possible (probable?) disputes given their disposition!
Please feel free to put this on this property’s recommendation section. Please keep me informed. My future dealings with your service will be determined by your handling of this situation.
Not happy with your service,
(Homeaway.com)

Pinnacle's Messages

Pinnacle hasn't received any messages yet.
Send a message to Pinnacle