Melissa1961's profile picture

Melissa1961's profile

Melissa1961's Reviews

Melissa1961's Comments

Melissa1961 says: (4 years ago)
Tell me what you think of this!

This is a brief, hit the important details review.

I picked up my machine, after being there a month, and was embroidering an apron. Machine stalled during the simplifying process and i shut everything down. Would not recognize computer hookup. While checking the usb port I realized my machine housing was cracked. I removed the small cover at the usb and power cord area and immediately saw 2 plastic pieces laying just inside the machine, left them there and replaced cover. I took the machine back for repair and showed the lady the cracked housing. I TOLD HER I KNOW THINGS HAPPEN AND I AM NOT UPSET. I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE NOTHING INSIDE IS MESSED UP. I even told her not to worry about replacing the cracked housing, but she insisted on ordering it while under warranty. They also said my machine needed updates installed or either updating, not sure which way they worded it. ( why this wasn't done during the previous months stay is beyond me.)

After 3 weeks, waiting on parts, my machine was ready to pick up. I noticed immediately that the cover, where recently cracked, was now a complete gaping break. ( where are the parts I waited 3 weeks for) I called this to the mans attention and he knew nothing about it. I left a note for the lady ( who I showed cracked housing ) about breakage and the fact that nothing was written on repair invoice pertaining to work done and asked for a written detail of work. This is the second time nothing was written on repair ticket. When she asked the man about the gaping break, he wouldn't comment, therefore he didn't have to lie and he didn't have to admit I showed it to him either.

I reopened the small cover when i got home, SHOULD HAVE INSISTED IT BE OPENED AT SHOP BEFORE LEAVING WITH IT, and saw several broken pieces, so I removed the bottom cover from machine. Inside I found 2 out of 3 tips from front computer panel ! Previously saw 1 tip broken off and now all 3 were broken. These tips hold the computer plate securely to machine. They must have dropped one out, lol, NOT ! More plastic pieces that screws go into to secure housing, a zip tie that was cut off wires and some ORANGE cracker crumbs. They had also left a cover off an opening on the under side of free arm. I called and emailed singer. They told me to take it back to them. AT THIS POINT I FELT LIKE SOME ONE TELLING ME TO TAKE MY CHILD BACK TO THE SITTER THAT HITS HIM. But I took it back.

I then received an email that singer was sending a label so I could ship it to them. When I picked my machine up they still did not know where the cover to opening was, said singer could replace it. After asking 3-4 times for repair detail from previous repair I finally gave up and left. When I went to use my machine later that evening i realized they had taken the bobbin cover off, removed bobbin and did not send them back with my machine. NO REASON FOR BOBBIN COVER TO HAVE BEEN REMOVED SINCE IT WAS ONLY THERE WAITING FOR NEW HOUSING TO REPLACE WHAT THEY HAD BROKEN. When I called he insisted it was there and told me he had to update singer on machine and WOULD HAVE TO BE HONEST IN HIS REPORT. I told him I expected nothing less than his honesty. He continued the conversation insinuating I had broken the inside parts.

I don't know what happened to the repair shop I loved. This is extremely upsetting. I do not recommend this business anymore.

Melissa1961's Messages

Melissa1961 hasn't received any messages yet.
Send a message to Melissa1961