MelMint's profile picture

MelMint's profile

MelMint's Reviews

MelMint's Comments

MelMint says: (4 years ago)
I had a similar complaint. I recently opened an account at PNC, downtown Columbus, Ohio. The banker who opened my account was not very attentive as I requested repeatedly and under no uncertain terms that I did not wish to be opted in to any overdraft coverage program. Instead of seeing to it that my account was set up as requested, she ignored that request. Later on, my account was overdrawn by $9.00, but their was a $72.00 overdraft fee placed on the account for two small amounts paid by PNC. It is the customer's responsibility to make certain their account balances, but had my account been set up as I requested, I would not been charged the $72.00, and my account would not have been overdrawn. Fortunately, an agent from an 888 customer service phone line cleared things up for me, and the charges were removed. When I made the complaint to the bank managers downtown, they basically gave me every excuse in the book as to why the Opt Out incident could have been no fault of their own, instead of trying to fix the problem. I wasn't there to blame anyone, I just need the problem fixed, which they weren't at all willing to do.
(PNC opt in or out program of overdraft protection)

MelMint says: (4 years ago)
I have a similar complaint. I recently opened an account at PNC, downtown Columbus, Ohio. The banker who opened my account was not very attentive as I requested repeatedly and under no uncertain terms that I did not wish to be opted in to any overdraft coverage program. Instead of seeing to it that my account was set up as requested, she ignored that request. Later on, my account was overdrawn by $9.00, but their was a $72.00 overdraft fee placed on the account for two small amounts paid by PNC. It is the customer's responsibility to make certain their account balances, but had my account been set up as I requested, I would not been charged the $72.00, and my account would not have been overdrawn. Fortunately, an agent from an 888 customer service phone line cleared things up for me, and the charges were removed. When I made the complaint to the bank managers downtown, they basically gave me every excuse in the book as to why the Opt Out incident could have been no fault of their own, instead of trying to fix the problem. I wasn't there to blame anyone, I just need the problem fixed, which they weren't at all willing to do.
(PNC opt in or out program of overdraft protection)

MelMint's Messages

MelMint hasn't received any messages yet.
Send a message to MelMint