MDChill's profile picture

MDChill's profile

MDChill's Reviews

MDChill hasn't written any reviews yet or they are waiting for approval.

MDChill's Comments

MDChill says: (8 years ago)
Check the installation of the window. Most builders skip important steps required for proper installation. Caulk is required behind the nailingfin, nails are required in every other hole, flashing tape is required over top of nailing fin, and most importantly, the rough opening should only be 1/2 inch bigger than the window. Most builders, and home owners blame manufacturers for their window issues when most of the time the issue is something else.
(Poor Quality Windows)

MDChill says: (8 years ago)
Sounds like your builder was the issue and not the windows.
(MI is HORRIBLE)

MDChill says: (8 years ago)
I had a home with 15 year old MI windows and the company stood behind their warranty better than any other company I have ever seen. I found out from doing some research that many builders "buy down" warranties so they get the windows at a better price. Many builders also cut corners on proper installation and blame issues on manufacturers. It took me about 2 months from my initial contact with MI but in the end all of my bad glass was replaced at no cost to me. I stronly doubt any other window company would have done the same on windows of this age.
(Mi Windows and Doors)

MDChill's Messages

MDChill hasn't received any messages yet.
Send a message to MDChill