JCPW's profile picture

JCPW's profile

JCPW's Reviews

JCPW's Comments

JCPW says: (5 years ago)
I booked a room at the "4*" hotel Rimock Resort Hotel online where I google Rimrock and went on their website and i booked a double occupancy which came to a total of Total Charges: $282.35
(including tax recovery charges and service fees) **PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS INCLUDED RECOVERY CHARGES, TAX AND SERVICE FEES

As a Canadian in Canada, booking to a hotel in Banff Alberta, ONLINE, everyone would expect that one would be charged in Canadian dollars. However, this was not the case! To my surprise, it was in US dollar. I called the number back, an agent i believe in the Philippines answered the phone and when I asked him why i got charged in US dollar, he then proceeded to tell me that i went on a US website and that there was a drop down on the top right to change it in to canadian dollars. when I searched for the drop down, it took me a little while to see it. I then asked him if he was contracted to work for Rimrock, he said that he is not and is an actual employee. I find this very misleading and tricky. As a customer, all i wanted is to reserve a hotel and to have a mini vacation. I should not log in to a website and to make sure that i am on a Canadian website where the hotel is in Canada. I then decided to let this go and actually enjoy my vacation.

The next day, i checked in the Hotel, only to find out that Rimrock, a 4 stars hotel, charge their valuable guess for parking at a rate of 14 or 15 dollars per day. Lets go back to the online booking: Total Charges: $282.35
I was then directed to the manager and i explained to him my situation that this should be included in the charges as it clearly says (service fees, recovery charges and tax) he then try to prove me that its says on the booking that parking is not included. I asked him to show me online, it took him about 8 to 10 minutes to find it and yes it does mention it. Now if the manager took that long to find this VITAL piece of information, how do you expect a valuable customer to have read this???
When I then mentioned about the US dollar charges, he then told me that i booked it on Expedia and that why..i told him that i did not go on Expedia, the manager then insisted that i did. he asked me if i have the email confirmation, i showed it to him and the company was "room stays.com." In a demeaning tone, the manager said that Expedia and roomstays.com are the same company.....well, well, well, MY BAD, i should have known that!!!!
Eventually, after arguing, more customers were coming in and he then decided to waive the parking charges by saying "I could argue with you the whole day, but i will not" I remained quite and took my "keys"
On a brighter note, i admit that the room itself is fabulous and the hotel settings.

Today Feb 14th, i log in to my credit card info, ONLY to find out that i was charged NOT 297 canadian dollars as when i signed when i checked in.

Instead, 06-Feb-2014 07-Feb-2014 TRAVRES*HotelRsrvation

TAMPA FL
Debit
$11.33

__

Now I understand that this online company is "separate" from Rimrock, HOWEVER, understand that this does not reflect great voices on RIMROCK **4stars** hotel.
(REFUND)

JCPW's Messages

JCPW hasn't received any messages yet.
Send a message to JCPW