ErnieLeblanc's profile picture

ErnieLeblanc's profile

ErnieLeblanc's Reviews

ErnieLeblanc hasn't written any reviews yet or they are waiting for approval.

ErnieLeblanc's Comments

ErnieLeblanc says: (4 years ago)
Guitar Center's Same-store Sales Fall When GC Managers Become Complacent.

Greetings, Cheryl(BAIN CAPTIAL)

I am a frequent consumer of the goods and services of Guitar Center. According to an article posted on Reuters, "Guitar Center's same-store sales fell 2.5 percent in its first fiscal quarter ending March 31, while revenue at its direct response unit dropped 8 percent to $73 million, according to the company's latest 10-Q filing with regulators.

After viewing the video by David Harding on the Bain Capital web site, I find that he and I think alike with respect to the business of "Acquisitions." In my case, acquiring market shares by way of selling goods and services with the needs of my customers first. Thus, "The Key to Making All of This Work is Putting People First."

Here are Mr. Hardings words presented for your review and reference:

"The Key to making all of this work, is the repeatable model. Starting with your corporate strategy understanding why an acquisition will actually make your existing company more valuable. Distilling your opportunities into an investment thesis, continuing to do good Strategic Diligence, and by strategic diligence - understanding where your going to have a parenting advantage, and where you think the conventional wisdom in terms of what other people are willing to pay is wrong - and then planing your integration in such a way that you put people first and you focus on the value in the transaction as opposed to just the long "to-do list" that many people get tied up with in the integration process.

The more you do this, the better off you will be. And, so, we talk about the repeatable model of mergers and acquisitions that you do over and over again. And, if you do that, the rewards can be substantial."

- David Harding, Co-Leader of Global Mergers and Acquisitions Practice http://www.bain.com/about/people-and-values/our-team/profiles/david-harding.aspx

Cheryl, Guitar Center has been very good to me but recently, I have noticed a server decline in the quality the company's customer-service with respect to responding accordingly and with quality to my consumer demands when the quality of the goods and services ceases to exist.

The most recent inadequate customer-service experience took 5-plus weeks and happened only after I used Facebook to get the attention of those Guitar Center mangers involved in my case. In short, I was sold a bass case in Excellent condition but received and damaged and defective bass case in it's place.

I believe such practices contribute to the Reuters article containing the line, "Guitar Center's same-store sales fell 2.5 percent in its first fiscal quarter ending March 31, while revenue at its direct response unit dropped 8 percent to $73 million, according to the company's latest 10-Q filing with regulators."

Many Thanks and Best Regards,
Ernie Leblanc http://www.ernie-leblanc.com/

Proudly Endorsed Spector Bass Artist Since 2006
Endorser of RotoSound Bass Strings Since 2007 and Hartke Bass Systems, 2008
(ErnieLeblanc)

UPDATE: AUGUST 26th, 2013

Guitar Center sent a damaged and defective replacement case to me, - free of charge! - How 'bout sending what they showed me in the showroom and sold to me based upon what they showed me in the showroom?

Have Pictures, Will Share 'Em!
(ErnieLeblanc)

ErnieLeblanc says: (4 years ago)
As posted on multiple Facebook pages:

Guitar Center of North Attleboro, Ma claim they can't find one MusicMan bass case: 20+ lies, 5 Weeks? For one guitar case? http://guitar-center-reviews.measuredup.com/3802

Your lies constitute consumer fraud. Thanks for the audit trail of evidence that I will use to sue Guitar Center.
(Guitar Center)

ErnieLeblanc's Messages

ErnieLeblanc says: (4 years ago)
Guitar Center's Same-store Sales Fall When GC Managers Become Complacent.

Greetings, Cheryl(BAIN CAPTIAL)

Here are Mr. Hardings words presented for your review and reference:

Many Thanks and Best Regards,
Ernie Leblanc http://www.ernie-leblanc.com/

Proudly Endorsed Spector Bass Artist Since 2006
Endorser of RotoSound Bass Strings Since 2007 and Hartke Bass Systems, 2008

UPDATE: AUGUST 26th, 2013

Have Pictures, Will Share 'Em!

Send a message to ErnieLeblanc