Best Buy Support Ticket - lake Charles, Louisiana

Bait and Switch - Toshiba laptop

Created By: kdrewett's Picture kdrewett Last Reply: lazer1100's Picture lazer1100
Priority Level: [High] Status: [Open]
Created: 4 years ago Last Updated: 4 years ago
Department: N/A Replies: 1
Product: Toshiba laptop

I went to the Lake Charles store about 2:00 pm today (5-30-10) to purchase the Toshiba laptop on sale for $379.00 (sku: 9716078)). When I went to pay the clerk, I was told that there was another $70 added to the price due to additional work performed on the computer by the Geek Squad. We were told that all of the inventory had the additional work performed. I am extremely upset at the "Bait and Switch" sales tactic. We told the clerk that we did not appreciate the lie--the advertised store price on the computer was also $379. No more Best Buy for us--we went to Office depot where we purchased a better laptop for a lower price. In my opinion, Best Buy =Circuit City. The same treatment of customers will lead to the same downfall as a retailer. You can do better!

CONTACT THIS BUSINESS

Read the replies to this ticket Read the replies to this ticket
Watch videos
More Best Buy Reviews and Complaints More Best Buy reviews, complaints, compliments and support tickets
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE

Company was claimed This company has partnered with MeasuredUp and uses it to answer your customer questions!
Link to MeasuredUp Get the Free Customer Service Excellence icon for your site
Take the pledge Click here to take the pledge

Bookmark/Share this review
Tweet this   Digg   Facebook   StumbleUpon   del.icio.us   Google

Ticket Replies

lazer1100 says: (4 years ago)
Best Buy sets up 40% of the computers to make it easier for you the consumer so instead of waiting for 2-3 hours for setup you can take the laptop home. Of course if you decide you do not see the benefit of the item its as simple as the store ringing it up and putting the item down to .01.

Post a reply for this ticket

Warning: Do not post sensitive or secret information such as your credit
card number here.