Shower Remodel Reviews and Complaints - Home Depot

Shower Remodel Reviews

Shower Remodel Comments

yeswecandoanything says: (1 year ago)
I recently had a shower remodel and only was allowing Home Depot to install the door. Using their professional services to the tune of $250.00 for the install along with them guiding me which doors I could use for my new shower became a running joke. I started this back in June 2015 when I paid for their professional person to come out to measure my shower so I would order the correct door from them. After paying the guy $35.00 for the measure he turned in the measurements to HD and they assisted me with 4 doors I could order for my shower. I ordered the door and they ordered a door therefore, I got charged for two doors which was a mess. I scheduled with them the install since the door arrived in August and it was set up for a delivery for Sunday when I get a call from HD that they couldn't install those type of DREAMLINE doors. They were not permitted since there was a liability issue with them and somebody else. Therefore, the doors has to be returned and refunded and we are back to square one. I meet with the one of the assistant Managers who did help me and understood why I was frustrated. He had one of his associated to do the refunds, gave me free delivery of the next door and had another associate show me other options that they said would work and they could install. Well, the door arrive and the delivery guy was great and today, the door was scheduled to be installed between 9-11 a.m. The guy arrives at 10:10, looks at the box with the door and tells me he can't do those types of doors since it requires a special drill bit- diamond drill bit since it is glass tiles. Now, you know the guy that measured was a HD contractor and he noted it was glass tile. I missed 4 hours of work and still did not get this door installed. Unbelievable lack of professionalism on Home Depot part and I am glad the guy did not try to install the door and ruin my new shower. The saga continues until September 24th when it is scheduled again for installation by HD contractors. I can't wait to see if I get it finally installed. I am thinking why bother installing a door when the whole thing is tile anyways. 4 months and no door installed.