Ge Hydrowave Washer Reviews and Complaints - General Electric

Ge Hydrowave Washer Reviews

Ge Hydrowave Washer Comments

washerhell says: (1 month ago)
I have the same problems as above. I purchased from Sears a couple of years ago. There is absolutely no way to make it fill up to cover the clothes. It doesn't agitate vigorously enough to get the clothes clean even for small load. My husband is in construction and I have to start the washer at night, fill it via a couple of extra buckets of water, open the lid so it will stop and they can soak all night, then close the lid the next morning, and hope for the best. Does this sound like a $700 washer..the 15 year old washer I had that was a base model was far superior. I can't take this one another 14 years!

smiley01 says: (2 months ago)
I have a Hydrowave I have cleaning issues as to the point that it leaves oily spots on my wifes light color clothes. That within itself I do believe is a water level issue, which is not consistant with every load even on AUTO SENSING.
The other problem I have is VIBERATION issues during spin cycle. The solution was the counter balance came LOOSE, it suppose to have 3ea screws to hold in place. We only found 2ea when we took the bottom off , Replaced all 3ea screws with boltsand lock nuts took care of Vib. problem for now......

smiley01 says: (2 months ago)

upset61 says: (2 months ago)
Purchased 4 weeks ago from Home Depot.When machine is empty and you shake agitator you can hear water in machine.It also has smell.

Ron Lane
Dallas,tx

kimegators says: (2 months ago)
I bought this washer 1 yr ago and loved it until now. This washer does not drain properly and there is no clog. The washer and the clothes smell. I have used two different washing machine cleaners, changed detergents and nothing helps. I have to unhook the drain hose in between each load and drain the remaining water. When I wash towels I set it on extra spin and they are still soaking wet. The washer is now out of warranty and I don't have the money for service. I have never had a washer stop working after one year. I will never buy a GE again.

meam2457 says: (3 months ago)
I have to admit that I must agree with most of you about the washer. I looked into it and thought it would be a good buy. Didn't loo long enough. My other complaint is that when I rock the agitator back and forth I can hear and see water moving about under the tub. Is this supposed to be the case. I'm beginning to notice a stale water odor coming from the machine. I thin we all need to get together and file a class action suit against GE. Usually people win these.

dleroy123 says: (5 months ago)
I HATE, HATE this wasther. From day one, it mangles all the clothes; everything comes out knotted, sraps get caught under the agitator blades and it even turns clothes inside out!!! I HAVE TO SPEND TIME UNWRAPPING THE CLOTHES CAUGHt IN THE AGITATOR. A BIG WASTE OF TIME. Plus it makes a griding noice, like the gears are going bezerk. I will NEVER, NEVER buy another GE product. If I had the money, this would be out on the street and a new one in it's place. AND I TELL EVERYONE I KNOW WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK THIS MACHINE is to spare them the agony of maing a big mistake with a big purchase.

beachbill25 says: (8 months ago)
This seems like nonsense. I have had mine since about 2 years ago...never had a problem. I wash clothes 3 times a week. Only complaint I have is the damn noise when spinning and annoying swooshing sounds.

The complaints about it not cleaning clothes? What the hell do you have on your clothes....soil...mud....potting soil clumps. The machine gets my clothes clean. I have owned a Maytag before and I can say that I prefer Maytag...but this GE gets the job done...it could improve in some aspects but the again its not top of the line. Go spend $1300+ for a washer if you want top of line. For the price I would say its worth it overall.

I think most issues stem from people overloading.

cherylynn says: (8 months ago)
I have just purchased (two weeks ago) a GE Hydro Wave washer from Sears. I did not want a high efficiency washer as most of my friends with them are unhappy. I wanted a larger tub with full water capacity (more water than clothes). I was advised that this was the machine for me and it was on sale. I have the water on Super and still don't have enough to cover a half load of clothes. What gives? I am very unhappy and after reviewing the comments above, I am very sorry I did not do my homework before purchasing this machine.

LessThanPleased says: (12 months ago)
I bought a GE Hydrowave washer, model GTWN4250D0WS, in September, 2012. In January, 2013, it began making a loud banging noise, like the load was unbalanced. It did it with 2-3 loads in a row, so I contacted GE for a warranty repair. Visit #1 was on 1/21/13. A screw for something that stabilized the tub had worked its way loose. The repairman said he'd never seen or heard of this problem before. On 7/21/13, the same symptoms appeared again. Visit # 2 was on 7/26/13, and the screw had worked its way out again, destabilizing the tub. This repairman also said he'd never seen or heard of the problem before. He got a little tin of something clear, put it on both the screw and area it fit into, put it back and said it wouldn't come out again. He ran the washer empty, and all was well. Within an hour of him leaving, I put a load of clothing in, and the problem started again. I called GE's warranty service again, and the woman who answered said she'd try to either turn my repairman around, or find another in the area who could help. No luck on either count. She also set up a tentative third appointment for 8/5/13, which I intend to keep. So far, the value of the repairs totals $293.36. I bought the washer for $539, and it normally sells at Lowe's (where I got it) for $599. I expect Visit # 3 to cost at least as much as either of the previous two, so they will have just about bought the machine with the repairs. I bought the machine at Lowe's and they said GE has been known to work with customers who have problem machines. I hope Lowe's and/or GE can help me out of this mess. I've got 2 great GE appliances in my home, and will no longer buy from them after dealing with this washer.