Ge Hydrowave Washer Reviews and Complaints - General Electric

Ge Hydrowave Washer Reviews

Ge Hydrowave Washer Comments

SueSmith says: (2 months ago)
I can not begin to tell you what a piece of junk this machine is. I am having all of the water level issues and the same clothes getting wrapped around the agitator problems. I am doing double the laundry because of the low water levels. Which means double the electricity I use and pay for. My water is free so that's not a problem. I am going up and down the basement steps twice as much and I have a bad knee and hip.The clothes do not spin all the way dry even on the extra rinse and spin option. Which means another trip up and down the steps to do a quick spin cycle after a regular cycle. I wished I had found this site before I spent a months SS income for the set and a 3 yr warranty.

rshenderson says: (5 months ago)
I was like the person who liked the washer for a while. Our hydrowave is "Shaking the house down" on the spin cycle. Wish I had read reviews first because we aren't the only ones who have lost faith in GE appliances--and we have several---this is bound to hurt the GE corporation. Our problem started when the washer was a little over 1 year old--now we have had it two years---we are now ready to get rid of this one---the may tag my mom had is 25 years old and still doing a great job---Will we hear from GE--it would be appreciated.

washerhell says: (6 months ago)
I have the same problems as above. I purchased from Sears a couple of years ago. There is absolutely no way to make it fill up to cover the clothes. It doesn't agitate vigorously enough to get the clothes clean even for small load. My husband is in construction and I have to start the washer at night, fill it via a couple of extra buckets of water, open the lid so it will stop and they can soak all night, then close the lid the next morning, and hope for the best. Does this sound like a $700 washer..the 15 year old washer I had that was a base model was far superior. I can't take this one another 14 years!

smiley01 says: (6 months ago)
I have a Hydrowave I have cleaning issues as to the point that it leaves oily spots on my wifes light color clothes. That within itself I do believe is a water level issue, which is not consistant with every load even on AUTO SENSING.
The other problem I have is VIBERATION issues during spin cycle. The solution was the counter balance came LOOSE, it suppose to have 3ea screws to hold in place. We only found 2ea when we took the bottom off , Replaced all 3ea screws with boltsand lock nuts took care of Vib. problem for now......

smiley01 says: (6 months ago)

upset61 says: (7 months ago)
Purchased 4 weeks ago from Home Depot.When machine is empty and you shake agitator you can hear water in machine.It also has smell.

Ron Lane
Dallas,tx

kimegators says: (7 months ago)
I bought this washer 1 yr ago and loved it until now. This washer does not drain properly and there is no clog. The washer and the clothes smell. I have used two different washing machine cleaners, changed detergents and nothing helps. I have to unhook the drain hose in between each load and drain the remaining water. When I wash towels I set it on extra spin and they are still soaking wet. The washer is now out of warranty and I don't have the money for service. I have never had a washer stop working after one year. I will never buy a GE again.

meam2457 says: (8 months ago)
I have to admit that I must agree with most of you about the washer. I looked into it and thought it would be a good buy. Didn't loo long enough. My other complaint is that when I rock the agitator back and forth I can hear and see water moving about under the tub. Is this supposed to be the case. I'm beginning to notice a stale water odor coming from the machine. I thin we all need to get together and file a class action suit against GE. Usually people win these.

dleroy123 says: (10 months ago)
I HATE, HATE this wasther. From day one, it mangles all the clothes; everything comes out knotted, sraps get caught under the agitator blades and it even turns clothes inside out!!! I HAVE TO SPEND TIME UNWRAPPING THE CLOTHES CAUGHt IN THE AGITATOR. A BIG WASTE OF TIME. Plus it makes a griding noice, like the gears are going bezerk. I will NEVER, NEVER buy another GE product. If I had the money, this would be out on the street and a new one in it's place. AND I TELL EVERYONE I KNOW WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK THIS MACHINE is to spare them the agony of maing a big mistake with a big purchase.

beachbill25 says: (1 year ago)
This seems like nonsense. I have had mine since about 2 years ago...never had a problem. I wash clothes 3 times a week. Only complaint I have is the damn noise when spinning and annoying swooshing sounds.

The complaints about it not cleaning clothes? What the hell do you have on your clothes....soil...mud....potting soil clumps. The machine gets my clothes clean. I have owned a Maytag before and I can say that I prefer Maytag...but this GE gets the job done...it could improve in some aspects but the again its not top of the line. Go spend $1300+ for a washer if you want top of line. For the price I would say its worth it overall.

I think most issues stem from people overloading.