Playhouse Disney Programming Reviews and Complaints - Disney Channel

Claim this company Are you a decision maker at this company? Claim this company

Playhouse Disney Programming Reviews

Playhouse Disney Programming Comments

twinsmommy2 says: (7 years ago)
I am also so disappointed in Disney for taking Tigger and Pooh of the air. It was my 2yr old twins favorite show along with their one yr old cousin. I dont understand why they air Phenious and Ferb so much it is such a dumb and pointless show. Pretty soon there isnt going to be any more wholesome cartoons for little ones to watch. I thought Disney was smarter than that!!!

Momof1 says: (7 years ago)
I am very disappointed with Playhouse Disney since the time slot and show changes. Phineas & Ferb is not for young children, it teaches absolutely nothing necessary for children to learn like counting, colors, problem solving, etc. My daughter is a huge fan on My Friends Tigger & Pooh and I don't see it anywhere on any schedule. How can you take Winnie the Pooh off your network? Is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse next? Major staple characters for disney that children love should not be phased out. What's next? No Mickey or Pooh in the Disney theme parks? I expected more, I really did.

Momof1 says: (7 years ago)

firstimemommy says: (8 years ago)
omg wat happened to rolie polie and bear in the big blue house, out of the box, nd pb and j otter??? those were disney classics nd they taught morals and things young children need to kno... i shouldnt hav to buy videos or download the classics because i dont want my son watching the garbage that ur now viewing on television listen to ur viewer we want the old shows back... thts wat children like. nd parents do to.

jendia says: (9 years ago)
April 2009.....What happened to imagination movers? My little guy waits for this show to come on. We are eastern time and it comes on at 10:00 am here. I dont see them on the schedule for tomorrow either.

jamom says: (9 years ago)
The change in programming on Playhouse Disney is extremely concerning for myself and virtually all the preschool moms I have spoken to. We are huge supporters of the morning shows, not to mention all the things we buy in support of Playhouse Disney and it's former programming. Moms felt safe and comfortable with the age-appropriate shows and commercials (Emily Yeung, Jo Jo's Circus, etc.). My children and I are so upset that Disney has chosen to replace these positive shows and commercials with far more grown-up programming that doesn't interest them in the least. It is completely inappropriate for the preschoolers who are watching. What a mistake it is to remove the Wiggles from the early morning programming! Preschoolers are up early and this show was a great way to start the day. Logically, it doesn't even make sense to show preschool programs like Handy Manny while at the same time running commercials for older viewers. Those older kids aren't watching Handy Manny, our little 2 and 4 year olds are! We are huge fans of Playhouse Disney, and it has been a big part of our mornings. Please, reconsider who is watching and return to the tried and true programming. We have enjoyed the changes over the past few years, the new shows, etc., but it is a totally different thing when the programming changes to something that is no longer age-appropriate. Please consider the little ones who are watching, it was such a highlight to our day.

ETSMOMMY says: (9 years ago)
I am right there with you. I wish we could contact someone at Disney and tell them what we think!

toddlermom says: (9 years ago)
I am extremely concerned about the new programming on Playhouse Disney. As a working mom who gets up early and leaves early in the morning, I used to be very pleased with the time slot and content of the Playhouse Disney shows. I am an educator and have always appreciated Disney's commitment to what I know are best practices for toddlers and preschoolers. I know that young children need repitition and consistency in everything that they do. I felt that the programming my child was watching followed those guidelines, as well as many other educational guidelines. I believe that splitting the two-part shows, such as Handy Manny, up into different segments separated by commercials is not good for children. I also don't believe that the commercials that are being aired between those segments are appropriate. The reason that I chose Playhouse Disney for my child, over the programming for other networks, was because she was not being introduced to "teenage" junk long before she needed to be. I want to keep that childhood innocence as long as possible, without her vocabulary being infiltrated with teen lingo.

I truly hope that the concerns of myself and other parents are read and taken seriously. I desperately want to see the previous style of programming reappear. I do understand, from a business and marketing standpoint, that things must change and evolve, but I beg that you keep the children in mind!!!!