Douglas Tires 13 Reviews and Complaints - Wal-Mart

Claim this company Are you a decision maker at this company? Claim this company

Douglas Tires 13 Reviews

Douglas Tires 13 Comments

bukarose says: (9 months ago)
purchased 4 douglas tires from walmart in indy less then 1year old and less then 4000 miles on the interstate had a sidewall blow out there was a hole the size of a softball in sidewall. I had road hazard walmart did replace tire but it makes me very uncomfortable about the tires

Mikcto89 says: (2 years ago)
Tires are great in all weather, I have 60 ,000 miles on still good yet

Dougbert says: (2 years ago)
I have been replacing the original tires on my vehicles with Douglas tires for 20 years and have been totally pleased always get 40-50K miles and never had a single problem.

revolvoguy says: (2 years ago)
Out of 9 Douglas tires bought in the last 5 years, 2 tires were damaged and not repairable in situations where I believe a normal tire would have held up. One tire blew out upon hitting a curb, and caused an accident. If these tires are babied they work OK but I don't consider them safe otherwise.

BlackJax says: (2 years ago)
I just bought my Douglas tires with hazzard warrenty so I am waiting to see how they turn out.

barb072849 says: (3 years ago)
I bought my car used with 4 Douglas tires have had car almost 4 years (don't know how many miles) they handled excellent in snow, rain ,sleet & nice weather. 2weeks ago the right rear blew out no reason-yesterday right front blew out on highway, was headed to Walmart in Neenah,WI & had to drive till I made parking lot. Checked while there & found out they don't make that size in an "H"tire. Personnel was not very helpful. I was going to buy another set believing the last 2 will do the same thing , however after reading these comments am going to check around!

lou9 says: (3 years ago)
I thought my Douglas tires were okey, but kept having a bumpy ride. After several trips to garages, the last one being a very reputable front end alignment man, he told me the right front tire is junk and cannot be balanced. Walmart does not cover them and said they no longer handle Douglas (prior complaint here says Walmart owns Douglas). Dont remember whether I paid for the road hazard or not, because bought all my tires for 2 vehicles at Walmart, 2 at a time. Walmart said they switched their computers and my purchase is no longer in there.

Lou

MACADDY says: (3 years ago)
I had 4 douglas tires on my wifes car PT cruiser. Side wall blowout driver front. Less than 4000 miles. Walmart wasn't going to warranty because we didn't purchase the road hazard. Get in touch with the district manager, Store will give #. He made it good. People in the store didn't even look at my tire, they were more concerned aout not covering the warranty

jofohio says: (3 years ago)
Good tires have over 50K and plenty of tread left. I have notice that these tires do lose air so at least once a month you have to check them and add air if neccessary. They are also directional if you look closely so need to make sure you have them mounted correctly. I have my all with the white wall turned in. Just got 3inches of mushy snow and the tires handle it well. I will buy them again if I still have the vehicle when they need replaced.

jofohio says: (3 years ago)
I have had a set of douglas tourning tires on my 1995 Corsica for 4 years and they are still going strong with over 50k on them and they are suppose to be good for 80K. I alway check my air in the tires monthly, have noticed that they do lose air over time and need to be check regularly. Also even those these tires don't claim to directional they are if you look closely so must be sure that none of the tires are mounted backwards. I have all my with the white wall turned in. We just got 3 inches of mushy snow and the car had no problem. I would buy another set if I can still get them and I still have this car when they need replaced.