Carpet Reviews and Complaints - Home Depot

Carpet Reviews

Carpet Comments

hijean says: (6 years ago)
On April 14 we bought and paid for 36 yards of carpet at 8,.01 per yard,$288.36. It was measured on 4-17-11, another charge of $223.56. Installed on 4-19-11, another charge of $107. then they called my husband and told him there was another charge of $659.15, we ended up paying $1278.07 for carpet that was only $8. per yard for 36 yards that i paid for at the store. I understand paying for padding and installation but a thousand dollar difference? Sincerely, Mrs. Jean Ipox

Ronda5942 says: (8 years ago)
I just got off the phone with Ken Dunn, "Agent Expert" of Home Depot, after I wrote the CEO, Mr. Blake, who took over in 2007. I wanted him to know what a fiasco everything Home Depot had been for me, in repairing and renovating my home after a $15,000 flood. I am 68 and disabled, and for a low-income person, I had to get the best job for the price.

To make a long story short, the carpet was installed and had damage all along a 10-foot wall in my dining room -- a scalloped area that covered from 6 to 12 inches out into the dining room floor which is gray/white on NAVY carpet. There was obviously dye damage.

The vinyl slats installed in the kitchen are already coming loose and coming up. There are gaps between the slats that gather dirt. They are ill-fitted and installed by what I presume to be illegal workers, since they could hardly speak English. The quarter-round in the kitchen and bath is horrendously large, and the nails in it are too short, so it is already coming off.

HD sent out a "home inspector," who they, of course, PAID to get the answers they were looking for. They got them. The carpet, he said, is "normal pooling." Does anyone know what that means? Is that white/gray on Navy carpeting? LOL The flooring, he said, in the kitchen, hall, bath, and the baseboards are fine. The ONLY "LEGITIMATE" claim I had, he said, was a carpet seam already coming apart.

From December 2009 to today, January 19, 2010, I have been talking with Ken Dunn and the manager of the local Dallas HD store at Josey/Keller Springs. Their offer? Shampoo my carpet and stitch the seam, as if DYE DAMAGE on carpet will be removed by shampooing it, and STITCHING the seam will resolve my kitchen floor coming off, piece by piece! Agent Expert? That's laughable.

What's more, he assured me in one telephone call that, "I'm AM going to take care of you!" Riiiiiiiight. Like Home Depot already did, with their sorry products and the morons who work there who have NO CLUE about their products or prices. WHAT A JOKE! If I had the money, I'd have sued them long ago. They're a sorry company, with sorry products, and they'll never get another dime from me.