At&t U-verse Service Reviews and Complaints - AttUverse

Claim this company Are you a decision maker at this company? Claim this company

At&t U-verse Service Reviews

At&t U-verse Service Comments

scottie1 says: (6 years ago)
P.P.S. I do not have anything but the internet, I have no phone, and no TV service with you.

scottie1 says: (6 years ago)
P.S. I forgot to say that the guy that came out the last time and got my service finally going came in my house and looked at where I wanted the service and tested it to see if the line was ok, and there was nothing that was done to install anything. There was at one time 3 lines in this house and some nut technician came out and tied all three lines together in the past. One of those lines cost at least $200.00 to have installed and he tied them all together, but as far as an installation fee I feel that I should not be charged because I was not told about one up front or when I moved back into this house.

scottie1 says: (6 years ago)
You used to be the best. What happened? Well I guess that you will lose another customer. Even after hearing so many stories of how your company has messed over people I still allowed my granddaughter to get AT&T U-Verse internet for me. The price was to be $14.95 a month but since I could not afford to buy the router or whatever the thing is, you all said that it cost about $70.00 and that I could pay for that by paying 19.95 a month instead. My bill had been being $22.12 a month with taxes added on. At the time that I/she got the service I was in an apartment building, and I asked specifically if there would be any other charges and I was told NO. I am the person that they talked to about this since I am the one paying the bill. I moved to a house and was trying to have my service moved here, and it took them probably about 4 days to get the internet going, but no one ever said anything to me about an installation charge. I am not stupid, and if anyone would have mentioned an installation charge to me I would have told them NO THANK YOU, because I am on disability and when I pay my housenote, car note, and insurance, there is basically nothing left. I live by faith and God provides my needs, but I never would have told anyone to give me the internet if an installation charge was mentioned because I know that I cannot afford that. As I said I never received a bill or anything for anything other than the charge for the internet and router, at $22.12 a month. Now all of a sudden they are telling her that they were trying to give me a chance to pay it. When I moved in this house as far as I knew they were only transfering the service. There still was no mention of an installation fee. When I went to a store to pay my bill of $22.12 which I did not even receive, and I just assumed it was still the same, my granddaughter came out saying that I owed over $200.00 dollars and I asked for what? AT&T could not tell her and she couldn't tell me. I don't have a phone right now that I can talk to you on so I asked my granddaughter to call you to ask what this $200 plus dollar charge was, and you all told her that it was for installation charges. I don't know what kind of mess you all are pulling but I do know that you are losing a lot of customers, from cell phone bills, cable bills, &
internet bills and if you have any more bills I would imagine that you are losing customers from that too. You need to get your act together. Greed eventually causes loss. I would really appreciate if you would take this charge off because I cannot afford to pay it, and your company needs to be truthful up front with people. Also I don't want to mess my granddaughters' credit up, and I need the internet so that I can start a business so that I can get off of disability. Thank you Mary Collins

katzpawz32 says: (6 years ago)
I was quoted $60 a month for U-verse & internet for the first year. The first and only bill received is for over $200. I called customer service, and she asked me who gave me that quote. Can't be true. However, it says it on the AT&T website? $69 for first 6 months. And that package is for better service than I got, for U200, and I only got U100.
The other issue I have is with the installation. It is downright ridiculous. The installer complaint bitterly about the shrubbery, and the plants. Showed me a picture he had of my property, from right after a hurricane. He even pointed at my tree that had meanwhile tripled in size. It grew back, like everything else - doh! He also complained bitterly about the amount of wiring he had to use. I DID tell them, the phone box is on the north end of the house, the satellite dish on the South. Now I know why they kept asking about the dish! Well, he didn't want to run it through the attic - doh! And VERY upset I didn't have pre-existing cabling to use, except for that one! So he decided to run the cable on the outside of the house, at the height where he would drill through the wall to run one cable inside each time. So I now have the outside of my house wrapped in a white cable, 2 feet off the ground. Every 10 feet, there is a clip on the wall. I should sue for damage and defacing my house. It looks VERY, VERY tacky! I have other cabling on the outside of my house - it is at the highest point of the walls, under the eaves!
I called to have this fixed. Scheduled for Aug 13th, 2011, 4pm - 9pm. No one showed. Not even a cancellation call. So I called again to have this fixed. Scheduled for Aug 19th, 2011 in the morning. The guys said this time, oh, since this is outside, you won't have to be home. Thank god, cause again, no show!
But I am pretty sure you want my payment on time!

jaison says: (7 years ago)
im very disapointed at att u-verse customer service.they are the worst,they dont care about customer services at all.they did not care if you leave the company or not.obiously they dont own the company and they do the minimun for the customer.i was paying 170 a month and they install in my house a net work for my laptop that work for a couple of day then its was gone for ever.i report with customer services and never got fix that why a left the companny.att customer services and support lines sucks the worst in the line.highly not recomended.

msel says: (7 years ago)
30 day "free" trial is a scam. Sure they'll give you the first 30 days for free but then they double bill you the next month.

msel says: (7 years ago)

unhappyuvers says: (7 years ago)
Uverse sucks, all they do is lie and lie . i had uverse install on 6/10 was offer a promotion for 6 month then they com back and said promotion is not good , so we will need you to add a voice servioce to have your boundle that was 4 mnths after i had service. att is a joke

spidermonkey says: (7 years ago)
We were and are disapointed with u verse service, We purchased u verse with a promotional package that when expired, sent our cost skyrocketing nearly 40 percent. We had no less then six technicians in nearly as many weeks out to repair the internet signal and no one could figure out the problem, but the biggest shock, was when we dumped att because of rocketing cost and frozen television signals they couldn't fix. We discovered that our electric bill was much lower after removing their equipment. When we ran a "how much does your house use?" electricity test on the TXU website I was shocked at the cost to run u verse equipment verses all other telecommunications equipment comparatively. Most people don't check that out before buying. So count on a substantial increase in your electric bill when purchasing u verse!

krissimill says: (7 years ago)
I am so dissapointed in customer service with At&T Uverse. They changed my phone n umber without telling us. I misses several important calls and a flase alarm occured at our home and the alarm company was unable to reach us. We got a $100 fine from the police dept. My cell phone bill was more than usual since people could only reach me on my cell. I had to then miss an appointment to wait for someone to come out and change our number back to the original phone number.